Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Puppies and Pink Dogs.

After the past week where everything seemed to be going wrong and I had preceded to get myself in the middle of a series of what seemed to be neverending wrecks my best dog must've known the perfect thing to turn things around.... puppies!
I set up the whelping box just in time. Zip is a proud new mamma to six little squirming scraps of wonderment.
On my way home from my "town" job last night, Brett, who has been visiting and staying at the house the past few days, called me up to inform me of the first new addition to the household. By the time I got home there were two and by 8 a.m. the next morning Zip was snuggling with 6 new babies, one which has already been claimed by Brett - but we may have to fight over her because she is my pick as well! I have an appointment with my cousin who is a vet tech to get rid of the wagging tails. After much convincing Brett has agreed also that "his" pup did not need to keep her tail either. So Iwill have at most, 5 Hangin Tree pups available and ready in time for Christmas if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, Cliff was out of town teaching a clinic in Vermont, which I hear went wonderfully, but since I had to stay home and hold down the fort, and keep the hunters at bay on opening day, I decided to play a little trick on ol' Cliffie. No, I did not come home with another pony, although I could have had I decided to head to town and watch the sale and I would have if there weren't so many wrecks to contend with on the homefront... I gave his dog a bath. Not such a bad thing really. His Border Collie had a tail full of 'burs and beggar's lice all through her coat, but she needed something to give her a little extra pizazz. After her shampoo job, why not add something a little more stylish.... I had just the thing.... PINK dog dye! Well, "Pop Star Pink" really. And nothing boasts your manhood quite like having a pink stock dog.


Doesn't she look great? We all thought so. I took her to the neighbors to help ship and she made quite an impression, and with hunting season in full swing she is sure to avoid any mishap! Well, Cliff was not so much in agreement. He was in awe over his pink dog. That's what happens when you go out of town! He is slowly adjusting to the idea and image of a fluorescent pink puppy and the fact that it does wash out eventually after a few baths he is not so mad anymore. Needless to say there are no more trips planned anytime soon where I have to dog sit!

No comments:

Post a Comment