Monday, August 30, 2010

Blue Creek Quarter Horses & ...... Ponies?


While Cliff's away Jody will.... buy ponies? Well I just couldn't help myself! So yes, we are now in the pony business. I picked up this little 3 year old Quarter/Pony cross last weekend, she stands at a whopping 14 hands tall and is now my new project. She has a lot of bone, a nice kind eye, and comes in the neatest shade of brown almost grulla and almost a dark dun color. We will see if I can make a nice little using horse out of her. If this venture goes well we hope to be able to offer more of this type of smaller using horse in the future that is more suited for kids and ladies.
We will keep you updated on her progress, as of yet it has been raining non-stop since she's gotten home so there has not been a real good chance to work with her. She still needs a name though so if you have any great suggestions we'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment